To Go to the Cloud or Not…that is the question!
Going to the cloud is not for everyone. However, the benefits in regards to costs and maintainability are very real if and when the organization does consider moving to the cloud.
There are many things to consider and questions to ask when the situation does arise. For example:
- Are the cost savings worth it for moving our business to the cloud?
- How secure is the cloud? Is there only a public cloud or is there a private cloud option as well?
- Do we have to conduct all our business in the cloud or can we only move some portions and not others?
- If a ‘Hybrid’ scenario is do-able, how will our on-premises environment communicate with the services in the cloud?
- What exactly does ‘the cloud’ look like?
Fabian Williams, SharePoint Architect, Microsoft MVP will be teaching “Implementing SharePoint 2013 Hybrid” class on Oct 9, 2014 – 11am to 3pm Eastern. Fabian has been speaking and consulting on this topic for a long time now and is excited to share his knowledge and experience.
The course, which targets ITPros, Business Managers and Technical Decision Makers (TDMs) goes into the How, What and Why of doing Hybrid. The course content goes into great detail about what one should know BEFORE embarking on this task, and what one needs to have in preparation for this venture. Then Fabian will show the actual implementation of hybrid services and discuss live with class participants the pros and cons of the various scenarios. The goal of the class is to help attendees understand the importance of Hybrid as we enter this era of Mobile First Cloud First where employees, customers, partners demand access to information from all form factors be it phone, tablet, desktop browser, real time and responsive.
Earlier this week, Fabian did an interview with Clark Buckner of TechnologyAdvice (they provide expert knowledge on employee training software solutions, coverage on Tech Conferences and much more) to discuss SharePoint as it relates to these offerings, One Drive For Business, Yammer and BCS.
Listen to the full article here.
Implementing SharePoint Hybrid for Search, Business Connectivity Services, OneDrive for Business and Yammer
Thursday, October 9, 2014
11am to 3pm Eastern
- What is Hybrid?
- What you need to know before you embark on Hybrid
- Configure your On Premises SharePoint
- Configuring your Office 365 SharePoint Farm
- What Service Applications may be consumed in Hybrid
- OneDrive for Business and Hybrid
- Yammer for the Enterprise and Hybrid
- and much more…
In addition to the live class and Q&A, students also receive the following: FREE 30 days access to SharePoint-Videos.com (890+ video tutorials currently), Plus a complete recording of this class and PowerShell scripts for configuring on-premises and cloud environments
Hope you can join us in this class. Learn More
Our goal at SharePoint-Videos.com is to help educate and empower end users so they can be more effective working in their SharePoint environment. We do this by providing SharePoint training videos, online classes, and end user help delivered right from the SharePoint Ribbon (via VisualSP-the SharePoint Help System)
We are also proud to sponsor many exceptional SharePoint conferences and events.
One great coming up this October is SharePoint Summit Vancouver. And, we’re happy to extend 15% OFF to our customers and friends with the special code: SPVIDEOS
SharePoint Summit Vancouver Second Edition
October 27, 28, 29
What to expect at this Stimulating Three-Day Event
- More than 60 advanced training sessions covering improvements in the latest version of SharePoint
- More than 50 speakers, including some of the industry’s best-known SharePoint influencers and MVPs
- Case study workshops to share experience-based SharePoint expertise
- Ask-The-Experts roundtable session, Exchange on the organization’s current concerns with industry experts in a question and answers method.
- Hear Keynote Speaker IAN HAMEROFF on one of the hottest topics today : Office 365 Today and Tomorrow
- Meet our selected SharePoint Partners who will present their products and services
What you won’t want to miss
Tuesday, October 28
8:00 AM – 8:45 AM
“Office 365 Today and Tomorrow” with Ian Hameroff
Office 365 is one of the leading productivity services in the world. Learn what Office 365 offers today, what you can expect in the future and how you can manage & take advantage of Office 365’s value proposition of continuous innovation.
Hard to believe that it’s only a few days remaining until SPC 2014. Wow! Thought I would take a few moments to blog about my session here.
For the past decade now, I have been very passionate about SharePoint and specifically the no-code solution building opportunities within SharePoint. It is so often that I see people doing stuff the ‘hard way’ with code that someone then will have to manage through the rest of its life-cycle. Why go through that trouble if you can get it done with the same results without code?
That’s what my session at SPC 2014 is all about (http://www.sharepointconference.com/content/sessions/SPC285). I’m doing it in tandem with Mark Gillis of Microsoft, a writer who is also very passionate about the no-code solutions story in SharePoint. The session is on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 in Lando room 4201-4303.
The speakers were asked to do a quick video to describe what they will be presenting. Mine is below if you care to watch it:
As a ‘dress rehearsal’, Mark and I did a webinar on the topic last week the recording of which is available below. We will be talking about these subject areas and more during our session. Come on by if interested!
I have been going to, and mostly speaking at, SPTechCon‘s for a bunch of years now and I have to stay that I’m pretty biased towards the conference. Aside from Microsoft’s own SharePoint Conference, this is definitely the biggest conference attracting the best speaker talent from across the world.
A few weeks ago, I made a quick walkthrough of the SPTechCon site and highlighted a few things. If interested, check it out:
The question of ‘why SPTechCon when it’s so close to SPC’ has come up more than once in my conversations as well. Ted Bahr from SPTechCon explains it brilliantly here and I agree with him:
You can still regsister by Feb 7 and get $500 off your full conference pass PLUS a $200 Amazon Gift Card. Use code ‘AMZGIFT‘ and sign up today.
PS. I believe if you use my last name REHMANI as a code, you might be able to get an additional $100 off. Not completely sure about this, but if you do try it and succeed, let me know 😉
SharePoint MVP Yaroslav Pentsarskyy will be teaching the Apps class on Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 titled:
This is promising to be an Awesome class to teach developers how to build SharePoint 2013 Apps and sell them through the SharePoint App store.
Topics covered are:
- SharePoint 2013 Apps development model
- Tools, environment and deployment options for Apps
- Main components of SharePoint 2013 hosted Apps
- Deploying lists and libraries with Apps
- Migrating your web parts as Apps
- Submitting your App in SharePoint 2013 App store
- and much more…
Also, a bunch of pre-built App projects will be given away by Yaroslav:
- List Provisioning App
- Image Slider App
- Extended Images Slider App
- App Branding Project
Check out the quick video below which talks further about what the class will cover.