To Go to the Cloud or Not…that is the question!
Going to the cloud is not for everyone. However, the benefits in regards to costs and maintainability are very real if and when the organization does consider moving to the cloud.
There are many things to consider and questions to ask when the situation does arise. For example:
- Are the cost savings worth it for moving our business to the cloud?
- How secure is the cloud? Is there only a public cloud or is there a private cloud option as well?
- Do we have to conduct all our business in the cloud or can we only move some portions and not others?
- If a ‘Hybrid’ scenario is do-able, how will our on-premises environment communicate with the services in the cloud?
- What exactly does ‘the cloud’ look like?
Fabian Williams, SharePoint Architect, Microsoft MVP will be teaching “Implementing SharePoint 2013 Hybrid” class on Oct 9, 2014 – 11am to 3pm Eastern. Fabian has been speaking and consulting on this topic for a long time now and is excited to share his knowledge and experience.
The course, which targets ITPros, Business Managers and Technical Decision Makers (TDMs) goes into the How, What and Why of doing Hybrid. The course content goes into great detail about what one should know BEFORE embarking on this task, and what one needs to have in preparation for this venture. Then Fabian will show the actual implementation of hybrid services and discuss live with class participants the pros and cons of the various scenarios. The goal of the class is to help attendees understand the importance of Hybrid as we enter this era of Mobile First Cloud First where employees, customers, partners demand access to information from all form factors be it phone, tablet, desktop browser, real time and responsive.
Earlier this week, Fabian did an interview with Clark Buckner of TechnologyAdvice (they provide expert knowledge on employee training software solutions, coverage on Tech Conferences and much more) to discuss SharePoint as it relates to these offerings, One Drive For Business, Yammer and BCS.
Implementing SharePoint Hybrid for Search, Business Connectivity Services, OneDrive for Business and Yammer
Thursday, October 9, 2014
11am to 3pm Eastern
- What is Hybrid?
- What you need to know before you embark on Hybrid
- Configure your On Premises SharePoint
- Configuring your Office 365 SharePoint Farm
- What Service Applications may be consumed in Hybrid
- OneDrive for Business and Hybrid
- Yammer for the Enterprise and Hybrid
- and much more…
In addition to the live class and Q&A, students also receive the following: FREE 30 days access to SharePoint-Videos.com (890+ video tutorials currently), Plus a complete recording of this class and PowerShell scripts for configuring on-premises and cloud environments
Hope you can join us in this class. Learn More