Last Thursday, Sept. 4th, Asif Rehmani delivered a very informative webinar to discuss in-detail our SharePoint Help System, VisualSP. VisualSP provides in-context, on-demand HELP to end users delivered via a Help Tab in the SharePoint Ribbon. This solution helps to reduce workload on support team and empowers end users by giving them the support they need when they need it most!
VisualSP is available for SharePoint 2010, 2013, and Office365. There are different versions of the solution available to meet the needs of every organization.
- VisualSP Express lets you control Help content at the Page and Site Collection level (for all your site collections in the farm)
- VisualSP Standard lets you control Help content at Page, Site Collection, Web Application and Farm level.
- VisualSP Enterprise has all capabilities of the Standard version plus the ability to view analytics on product usage data.
- Each of the paid versions allows for help content to be hosted on-premise (vs. the cloud) and allow for customized help content.
- There is also a FREE version (VisualSP-Lite) available for organizations that are looking for some basic help content. This version does not allow for any type of customization.
Below is a summary of some great Questions & Answers that were asked during the Webinar.
- A: The cost for our Express product is per farm. For Standard, or Enterprise, the cost is based on the number of production WFEs. For our App for SO O365 the price is per user.
- A: Yes, we do have companies that partner with us. https://www.visualsp.com/
partners/become-a-partner/ I think this would be a great demo for a lunch & learn. email me to discuss: Kari Bennett 😉
- A: Any of our customers for our VisualSP Enterprise solution will be able to collect usage data on their specific environments on what are the most popular videos for their community of SharePoint users.
- A: You would need to add links to the training content to the quick reference for this to work.
- A: With the paid version of our VisualSP App for SharePoint Online, Office 365 you will have the option to shut the system off on a site collection by site collection basis.
- A: Neat idea! Thanks for the suggestion. We will add to future features list. For now, why not use the SP Poll feature to provide users with a method of remarking about specific content exposed to them by the VisualSP Help system.
- A: Yes. Help items are related to the type of content and follow the user around as they are working in SharePoint.
- A: You can certainly use your own content!
- A: Unfortunately not presently. Great Idea. we will add to future list
- A: Yes! this is part of the Enterprise solution.
- A: You should be able to print the graphs fine.
- A: Sorry, not in present version. We will add to our list of future features. Thanks!
- A: Certainly! our system can be used to expose any content our customers use directly from the SharePoint ribbon.
- A: We have upgraded our original set up program (which was a WSP) to an executable
- A: It should be very easy to deploy for any SharePoint Farm administrator
- A: Security trimming is a feature of our control to manage help items
- A: Upgrades are included in the first year. After that, as long as you purchase the annual maintenance, you will automatically receive these.
- A: Not yet. I would be happy to work with you on this. please use my email to contact me: Mike Blonder.
- A: We do use jQuery. Our system should play nicely with other implementations of jQuery function
- A: Yes – The PPT & recorded video presentation will be available for everyone after.
- A: Each list can be configured as a separate scope, with its own content
- A: Good idea. We will make note of this notion for a future version. Currently, the order is fixed.
- A: We have a VisualSP App for Office 365. This app works with SharePoint 2013, as well
- A: Unfortunately the position of our tab in the ribbon is not user configurable. The spot is fixed.
- A: It should work fine with IE 8. We offer a 30 day trial so you can try it right on site.
- A: VisualSP is a farm solution. There are separate solutions for SharePoint 2010 and for SharePoint 2013. So you will need to install the version for SharePoint 2013 once you have completed the migration.
- A: It is a farm solution, but we have written an executable as our set up program.
- A: We provide support after purchase
- A: Please send me an email Mike Blonder. I will be happy to provide you with a link to the appropriate training set on forms for your community of SharePoint users.
- A: As we just answered for another question, the pricing for the Standard and Enterprise version are based on the number of production WFEs. Our SO O365 App is priced per user
- A: Unfortunately, branding requirements for SO O365 restrict the number of items that can be exposed directly from the ribbon. So we can only have one icon on our ribbon tab.
- A: You can certainly create custom scopes for specific pages, libraries, lists and even apps. You can also use our webpart to provide a unique set of content on a specific page.
- A: They are part of our solution.
- A: The end users will work with the items as they are exposed on the ribbon tab. Site Collection Administrators and Farm Administrators will have access to the complete index of content
- A: We sell a custom training sets on SharePoint forms for 2007, 2010, and 2013. For SharePoint 2010 and/or 2013, with VisualSP you can certainly add content from the appropriate set to the system.
- A: Yes, every paid version of VisualSP includes management control to add content to the system.
- A: We do have a scope for site setting page where, we assume, only administrators will be able to access the content.
- A: No, you provide us with your user count and we will provide you with a cost. We do not work off of the O365 user license.
- A: Correct.
- A: You create a custom scope for that specific list
- A: You create a custom scope for only that list
- A: If you send me an email I will be happy to call you and explain how this is done. Michael Blonder
- A: YES! this is a perfect solution for trainers / consultants to recommend to clients. We have a partner program for this. https://www.visualsp.com/
- A: Yes
Thanks again to everyone who attended the webinar. If you did miss it, no worries! You can Watch the Full Webinar Here->
For more information about VisualSP, visit: www.visualsp.com